Time flies when you’re having fun. It’s been a busy week. A friend of mine gardens, and we have been busy harvesting, prepping, and canning various fruits and veggies. It is exhausting work, and I am glad it only happens once per year. Even with all of that going on, I have been making time in the evenings to crochet. My wrist had a hard time with these, but I managed to get them done by doing a row or two each night. Take a peek!
To create these, I used a pattern by the same people who made the pattern I used for Cofelia’s flats. This pattern is for Barbie Basic Socks and it was created by dezalyx. Since this doll has normal feet, I didn’t have to make any major adjustments. The only change I made was in the length – their full pattern creates a knee-length sock while I stopped at more of a boot length. I considered staying true to the full original pattern, but I just didn’t see an Ood as being the type to have boots that ride that high.
I think that this height is more appropriate for the overall Ood style. It also compliments the length of her pants. I went until approximately row 16 in the pattern. I didn’t do a very good job of writing down notes while making them, but I did count 16 rows on one of the shoes. If you make this pattern, make sure to put the shoe on the doll every 3-4 rows. Their legs increase in diameter surprisingly fast, and on the first sock I had to unravel a few rows and add an increase because it didn’t fit.
I am excited for how well this outfit is coming together! She is really starting to look like an Ood. My next project will be her gloves. Because of my wrist problems, I expect it to take a while before I finish them. Please be patient! I promise I am doing my best, but I have this brace on for another month, and it greatly limits my range of motion. Combine that with black thread and you have a less than ideal crocheting experience. Still, I do my best! Hopefully it will be enough. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!